West Essex YMCA
This 24,000-square-foot, fully equipped sports facility is the local branch of the Metro YMCAs of the Oranges. It offers classes and equipment to meet the wellness needs of all age groups. The facility features a pool, two basketball courts, a racquetball court, a wellness center, cardio machines, free weights, Cybex and Strive fitness machines, saunas, steam rooms and locker rooms with showers.
For youth and teens, the YMCA offers many sports, fitness and enrichment classes, plus comprehensive childcare, before and after school programs for children from infancy through the sixth grade. There are also two summer day camps, both of which are licensed by the state of New Jersey and accredited by the American Camping Association (ACA).
The YMCA offers dozens of adult fitness classes and programs, as well as senior workouts, arthritis swim classes and other specialized instruction classes. Members get free fitness classes and receive reduced rates on programs and childcare.
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 4:45am - 10pm; Sat, 6:45am - 9pm; Sun, 7:30am - 3pm
- Handicap Accessible: Facility is wheelchair accessible.
- Parking: Free lot
- Features: Basketball courts, Fitness center, Pool
- Payments accepted: American Express, Cash, Debit Card, Discover, MasterCard, Personal Check, Visa
- Discounts: Child, Group/family, Senior, Student
- Membership info: First Year Joiner Fee: Youth (0-12): $30; Youth (13-17): $50; Youth (18-22): $75; Adult (23-64): $100; Senior (65 and over): $75; Senior Couple: $50; Family: $150
- Features: Cardio (bicycle), Cardio (stair master), Cardio (tread mill), Sauna, Steam room, Strength (free weights), Strength (machines), Swimming pool
- Services: Classes, Fitness assessment, Personal training
- Classes/programs: Aerobics, Body sculpting, Martial arts, Pilates, Swimming, Weight loss, Yoga
- Restrictions: No alcohol, No pets, No smoking
- Pool length: 25 yards
- Diving: No