The Livingston Public School system has an enrollment of 5,646 students in kindergarten through grade 12 as of September 2009.
The school system has approximately one teacher for every 15 pupils. This includes special education teachers and subject specialists in art, music, technology, and health and physical education. The school district has certified school nurses, media specialists, reading specialists, guidance counselors, resource center teachers, gifted and talented/enrichment teachers, and child study team members.
The average elementary class size is approximately 20 students. The middle and high school class sizes are slightly higher and vary depending on subject. An advanced foreign language class may have as few as eight pupils while a health or physical education class may have as many as 30 pupils.
The school system has 518 certified instructional members on staff with the following designations:
• 17 have a doctoral level degree
• 262 have a master's degree plus 16 or 32 credits
• 102 have a master's degree
• 76 have a bachelor's degree plus 16 or 32
• 61 have a bachelor's degree
Many staff members are long-term employees. The breakdown of years of employment is as follows:
• 20 have 30 or more years of service
• 42 have from 20-29 years of service
• 134 have from 10-19 years of service
- Number of students: 5646
- Public/Private: Public
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 15:1
- Number of faculty: 518