Horizon High School
This high school serves students ages 14 to 21 with multiple disabilities. The school's goal is to help students at all levels reach their full educational, social and creative potential to live as independently as possible after graduation. Students are grouped in classes by age as well as by ability and they receive one-on-one attention throughout the school day from teachers, aides, therapists and job coaches. There is also a full-time nursing staff. Call to arrange a tour.
- Fax: 973-535-1268
- Hours: Daily 9am-2:30pm
- Handicap Accessible: Fully accessible facility
- Number of students: 87
- Male-to-female ratio: 50-50
- Public/Private: Private
- Financial aid: Yes
- Acceptance rate (%): 100
- Accreditation/licenses: Licensed by the New Jersey Department of Education, accredited by the Middle States Association and CARF (Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities)
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 1:1
- Parking: Free lot
- Number of faculty: 12 teachers, 3 job coaches
- How engaged is the school with the community?: Horizon High School works to integrate its students into the community through local field trips and it encourages volunteers from the community to help out at the school.