School: 973-992-1587, After care: 973-992-7158, Early Childhood: 973-992-5181
Aquinas Academy is a Catholic elementary school associated with St. Philomena Parish, situated on a large wooded campus behind the church. It was founded in 1952 as St. Philomena School and renamed in 1988 after St. Thomas Aquinas, an important medieval philosopher and scholar. The Academy's stated goal is to create an environment that fosters growth and helps each child realize his or her full potential. It also combines traditional and innovative teaching methods.
The Academy includes an Early Learning Center, in addition to grades one to eight. Before- and after-school care are available for all levels.
- Fax: 973-992-1742
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 7:15am - 6pm
- Handicap Accessible: Fully accessible
- Public/Private: Private
- Religious affiliation: Roman Catholic
- Parking: Free lot
- Number of faculty: 30
- How engaged is the school with the community?: Students routinely volunteer in the community and in the parish.
- Montessori: No
- Grade levels: Pre-K - 8
- Special education: No
- Features: Auditorium/stage, Cafeteria, Computer lab, Infirmary, Language lab, Library, Science lab, Sports facilities
- Extracurricular activities available: Sports, cheerleading, music ensembles, altar servers, student clubs, Girl Scouts and Boy Scouts, student government, school dances
- Sports teams: Boys basketball, boys baseball, girls basketball, girls softball, soccer clinic
- Student clubs: Builders Club, Ceramics Club, Dominican Club, Environmental Club, Performing Arts Club