June is filled with memories of times gone by -- spent summers at local swim/country clubs, vacations and going down the shore. That’s when the Jersey Shore had a different connotation than it does today! Asbury Park boardwalk from Bradley Beach, amusements, swim/beach clubs, Kohn’s ice cream and so much more. Special memories, special times, family moments, that will be forever embedded in my heart. It was a time when summer, family, and friends were synonymous.
June has the promise of wonderful days ahead.
If your child has returned from college and graduated, they are embarking on their next journey. Which may include indecisions, moving back home for an unspecified time, search for the next chapter to begin. These are just a few possible scenarios. Some students who are returning from college hopefully will have their summer jobs lined up and they are ready to roll.
Younger students will be anticipating summer camps, sleep away camps, trips and more.
What is apparent is that summer is a great time for:
- Chilling. We all work hard all year ... you and your family deserve a break!.
- Family time. This is great time to bond with your children.
- VACATION! Without your children and with your children. Precious moments that you will all remember! (future column on this subject coming shortly, LOVE VACATIONS).
- Read. If your child catches you reading it becomes infectious, you can guide them with selecting a book but, think about allowing them to select a book they like as well.
- Organizing. Summer is a great time to organize your child’s and your “stuff”, look for sales and purchase folders and other organizing tools.
Indeed, for some, June can be a new chapter on a journey toward their future, for others it’s the beginning of summer and moments to remember. For sure, if you live on the East Coast, we are anxious for some sun, fun and wonderful memories. Enjoy!