Today at sundown, the Jewish holiday of Hanukkah begins with the lighting of the first candle on the Menorah. Thoughout our area, celebrations and lightings will occur. Patch has compiled a list of local Hanukkah events, so please read on for details, and enjoy the holiday!
Menorah lightings around the area include:
- , 66 Main St, West Orange, Wednesday,
December 21, 3:30 pm
- , 222 Irvington Ave, South Orange, Wednesday,
December 21, 5:30 pm
- , 68 Passaic Ave, Livingston, Thursday,
December 22, 11:00 am
- , Maplewood Ave & Highland Pl, Maplewood,
Thursday, December 22, 6:30 pm
- , 112 Eisenhower Pkwy, Livingston, Monday, December 26, 5:00 pm
- , 103 Pleasant Valley Way, West
Orange on Monday, December 26 at 10:30 a.m.
- Van Dyk Manor, 42 N. Mountain Avenue, Montclair on Tuesday, December 27 at 10:30 a.m.
- , 760 Northfield Ave., West Orange Tuesday, December 27 at 12:30 p.m.
Other area Hanukkah events include:
, 264 W Northfield Rd, Livingston is hosting on Friday, Dec. 23 at 6:30 p.m. Celebrate a Chanukah Shabbat at Temple with services, candles, a traditional Chinese food dinner, and a movie. $18 for Adult and $15 per child to age 15, or maximum of $60 per family
, 395 Pleasant Valley Way, West Orange is conducting a Hanukkah Party with brunch, games, art projects, balloons and entertainment on Sunday, Dec. 25 at 11 a.m.
, 99 S Fullerton Ave, Montclair will host on Friday, Dec. 23 at 6:30 p.m. Hanukkah
celebration featuring: Latkes fried on the spot and kugel too, activities for kids, special dining area for adults and Kabbalat Keshet – Lively, family-friendly, musical Shabbat Hanukkah. Free!
, 395 Pleasant Valley Way, West Orange will hold their annual Hanukkah Parade around West Orange on Tuesday, Dec. 27 beginning at 6 p.m. The parade starts at the offices of the Friendship Circle, located inside the building, 66 W. Mount Pleasant Ave. in Livingston and winds its way through both Livingston and West Orange before ending at the Lubavitch Center.