Monday is Christmas Eve. Tuesday is Christmas Day. Here is a list of how state and federal offices and services will be affected.
- State and local government offices will be closed on Monday and Tuesday.
- Financial and stock markets will be open on Monday until 1 p.m. They will be closed on Tuesday.
- Courts will be closed on Monday and Tuesday.
- Post offices will be open on Monday. They will close on Tuesday with no regular mail delivery.
- Banks will be closed on Tuesday. Some banks have the option to open on Monday.
- The Livingston Public Library will close on Monday at 1 p.m. and remain closed Tuesday. The library will reopen at 10 a.m. on Wednesday.
NJ Transit :
- On Monday, trains will operate on the current weekday schedule on all lines. Additional “early getaway” service will operate from New York Penn Station, Newark Penn Station and Hoboken Terminal starting at 1 p.m. on the Northeast Corridor, North Jersey Coast (to Long Branch only), Raritan Valley, Morris & Essex (from New York only), Pascack Valley (modified getaway service) and Port Jervis lines.
- On Christmas Day, Tuesday, trains will operate on a weekend/major holiday schedule on all rail lines. Visit njtransit.com for detailed schedules.
- Holiday bus schedules vary by route—customers are advised to visit njtransit.com for details.
- For details, refer to timetables or check the agency’s website or call (973) 275-5555.
- PATH trains will run on a regular schedule on Monday and a Saturday schedule on Tuesday.