Schools and government offices are closed today, Monday, Feb. 21. But this time, it’s not because snow. Today is Presidents Day, a state and federal holiday, and that means schools – and government offices – are closed, snow or no snow.
Here are five things you need to know to get you through the day.
- Post offices and financial markets will be closed, as will Livingston’s municipal offices and the library. And there will be no refuse/recycling collection.
- Three inches fell overnight and we should see snow for the rest of the morning. The snow is supposed to stop by 1 p.m., according to the National Weather Service forecast for Livingston.
- Today is a day for sales! Indeed, Best Buy is just one store offering great deals on electronics both at their stores and online. In addition, they and many other retailers are offering free shipping on many items found on their websites.
- NJ Transit trains will operate on a weekend/major holiday schedule. Bus schedules will vary by route so check www.njtransit.com before heading out.
- To celebrate with your children, take a look at pictures of all of our presidents by clicking here. Scholastic’s website provides a timeline of all of the leaders with simple but informative facts about each.
- Cook up some Presidents Day favorites such as Barbara Bush's Lemon Bars, Al and Tipper Gore's Chinese Chicken with Walnuts, and Bill Clinton's Chicken Enchiladas. See a wide variety of great recipes here.