Gerard Amsellem, a World Film teacher at Livingston High School, is offering a new film series featuring renowned East European film makers.
La Cinémathèque Film Club screenings feature classic films by renowned foreign filmmakers in the Loft at South Orange Performing Arts Centers, at 1 SOPAC Way, South Orange.
Amsellem, an educator, artist, and filmmaker, will provide introductions and commentary in addition to leading post-screening discussions present the series.
The East European series will be held at 2 p.m. Sundays:
- Feb. 2: When Father Was Away on Business (1985) Emir Kusturica
- March 2: Blue (1993) Krystof Kieslowsky
- April 6: White (1994) Krystof Kieslowsky
- May 11: Red (1994) Krystof Kieslowsky
- June 8: 4 Months, 3 Weeks and 2 Days (2008) Christian Mangiu
The cost is $55. Register online at http://sopacnow.org/665/FilmClub.
Questions about La Cinémathèque Film Club can be directed to Amsellem email@example.com.