There are so many things to love about summer, but mosquitoes aren’t one of them.
The Essex County Mosquito Commission targeted Livingston Thursday, treating the township with a granular pesticide formulated to control the pests.
The treatment was done by helicopter, concentrating in the Passaic River Area and the Willow Meadow Area (near Dickinson and Dorsa avenues), between 6 a.m. and 6 p.m., according to information posted on the township website.Residents with questions, should call the Essex County Mosquito Commission at 973-239-3366, ext. 2480.
The county provides residents with these tips.
Ten Commandments of Mosquito Control
1. Eliminate All Standing Water.
2. Flatten All Types of Open Cans & Containers or Puncture Holes in Bottom.
3. Completely Seal Cesspools & Screen All Vents.
4. Clean Clogged Roof Gutters & Drain Flat Roofs So No Water Can Pool There.
5. Cover All Standing Receptacles, Such as Rain Barrels in Rural Areas, with Netting.
6. Empty & Refill Outdoor Bird Baths Every Few Days.
7. Stock with Fish or Aerate Garden Pools & Ponds.
8. Tilt Wheelbarrows & Machines with Containers to Prevent Holding Water.
9. Empty Watering Cans & Wading Pools After Using.
10. Dispose of Old Tires or Anything Else that Holds Water.
For more information, visit Essex County Mosquito Control.