It's Thursday, which means its time for the weekly . Here's a recipe that takes advantage of the fresh produce sold there.
Salads are not only healthy and flavorful, but they also compliment any lunch or dinner meal. The vegetables contain vitamins and eating them helps prevent many diseases.
You should include a salad with at least one meal every day. The summer months are the best time of year to get the freshest produce at local farms or in your neighborhood supermarket.
Here's a great salad that can be made quickly any day.
Easy Summer Salad
- 1/2 of a head of lettuce-chopped
- 2 tomatoes-cut up
- small bunch of scallions-chopped or 1 small onion-chopped finely
- 1 lime or lemon-juiced
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
1. Cut up vegetables listed or use the ones you like
2. Put in a large salad bowl
3. Add juice of lemon or lime to salad
4. Sprinkle all over with salt and pepper
5. Drizzle salad with oil
6. Toss up and enjoy this nice light dish
I hope you and your family have been enjoying picnics and barbeques this summer.
We all love new recipes for easy salads and summer meals with minimal effort involved. Enjoy the great weather and keep eating healthy everyday.