- Voters will go to the polls Wednesday to elect a new Senator to fill the late Frank Lautenberg's seat. Newark Mayor and Democrat Cory Booker will face off against Republican and former mayor of Bogota Steven Lonegan.
- Licensed clinical social worker and cooking coach Alma Schneider, owner of Take Back the Kitchen, will lead a hands-on demonstration about how to prepare snacks from around the world at the Livingston Public Library from 7:30-9 p.m. in celebration of World Food Day. World Food Day is celebrated every Oct. 16 in honor of the date of the founding of the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations in 1945.
- There's only one day left until Livingston's bicentennial gala. Tickets were reduced to $100 for the event on Thursday at 6:30 p.m. at the Crystal Plaza, at 305 W. Northfield Road. You can purchase yours now at the senior, youth and leisure services office at the Senior/Community Center, at 204 Hillside Ave., from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., or at town hall, at 357 S. Livingston Ave., from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m
- As the weather gets colder, outdoor greenmarkets inevitably close up shop. Check out our interactive map of the closest farmers markets and when they’re open.
- Have an event, program or fundraiser coming up? Then post it on Livingston Patch to get the word out! Let people know about it on Livingston Patch's Boards, click here, or post a blog, click here.
Have a question or news tip? Contact the editor Michael D'Onofrio by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or find the Patch on Facebook and Twitter. To get news right in your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.