Invite a friend
Magevet of Yale University @ TBA
Magevet of Yale University @ TBA
On Thursday, January 3, at 4:15 PM, Magevet, the Jewish, Hebrew and Israeli a cappella group from Yale University, will perform a brief concert and conduct a workshop for students of Temple B’nai Abraham’s Jewish Education Program (Religious School) grades K-6 in the Louis and Emily Slater Youth and Education Center. All are welcome to attend. For registration, which is required, please call the school office at 973-994-3950. For details, visit the website at www.tbanj.org.
All of Magevet’s members are undergrads devoted to spreading beautiful music of the Jewish tradition to the far corners of the globe. Magevet was founded in the spring of 1993 and has since then entertained audiences the world over with its delightful music and spunky schtick. Current members are: Miriam Lauter, Johanna Press, Celia Rostow, Isabel Singer, Anna Yang, Katherine McDaniel, Esther Portyansky, Julia Rothchild, Rachel Rudinger, and Merav Stern, Adam Berman, Atid Kimelman, Jacob Metrick, Micah Sukol , Michael Fraade, Daniel Gordon, Scott Greenberg, Andrew Kahn, and Kyle Sevel.
The Magevet repertoire is extremely diverse, spanning from liturgical Renaissance arrangements to the folk melodies of the Abayudaya tribe - and everything in-between. Most of their music has been arranged by current or former members of the group, and so our performances always include a combination of old and new, near and far, and more than a modicum of humor! Magevet’s members run the gamut in religious background and area of study, but we are united by a singular passion for music, and this enables them to achieve a supreme harmony, both musically and socially.
More About Temple B'nai Abraham
Temple B'nai Abraham (TBA) is one of the oldest and largest independent synagogues in the country and offers an array of programs and services such as the Early and Religious School, acknowledged to be among the finest in New Jersey. TBA’s High School and Confirmation program seek to continue the synagogue education and involvement of young people beyond the age of Bar/Bat Mitzvah.
There are also programs for adults such as the Sisterhood, Men's Club and Senior Center.
Temple B'nai Abraham serves Livingston, Millburn/Short Hills, West Orange, South Orange, Maplewood, Roseland and all adjacent communities as part of the New Jersey MetroWest region.
Other events here
- TBA Annual Bloom Memorial Lecture, with guest speaker Professor David N. Myers Chair, Department of History, UCLA Tue, May 28, 7:30 pm
- Professor David N. Myers of UCLA To Speak at B’nai Abraham Tue, May 28, 7:30 pm–9:00 pm
- Rescheduled: Temple B'nai Abraham Adult Learning presents the Annual Bloom Memorial Lecture, with guest speaker Professor David N. Myers Chair, Department of History, UCLA Tue, May 28, 7:30 pm–9:00 pm
- The Melton Course at Temple B'nai Abraham October 10, 2012 / October 17, 2012 / October 24, 2012 / November 7, 2012 / November 14, 2012 / November 28, 2012 / December 5, 2012 / December 12, 2012 / December 19, 2012 / January 2, 2013 / January 9, 2013 / January 16, 2013 / January 23, 2013 / January 30, 2013 / February 6, 2013 / February 13, 2013 / February 27, 2013 / March 6, 2013 / March 13, 2013 / March 20, 2013 / April 3, 2013 / April 10, 2013 / April 17, 2013 / April 26, 2013 / May 1, 2013 / May 8, 2013 / May 22, 2013 / May 29, 2013 / June 5, 2013 / June 12, 2013, 7:00 pm–9:00 pm
- Late Composer Louis Lewandowski’s Music Featured @ TBA Shabbat Service Fri, May 31, 7:30 pm–9:00 pm
- The Melton First Year course at Temple B'nai Abraham October 10, 2012 / November 14, 2012 / December 12, 2012 / January 9, 2013 / February 13, 2013 / March 13, 2013 / April 10, 2013 / May 8, 2013 / June 5, 2013 / June 12, 2013, 9:30 am–11:00 am
- Tempel B'nai Abraham Lunch and Learn The Five Scrolls January 17, 2013 / February 14, 2013 / March 14, 2013 / April 18, 2013 / May 9, 2013 / June 13, 2013, 11:30 am–1:00 pm
- Litvakus, Klezmer Group @ Temple B'nai Abraham Fri, Jun 14, 7:30 pm